Saturday, May 15, 2010

It's been a LONG time!

Wow, it's been over a year since my last post! Good thing I have TONS more words now, so I can be even more eloquent in my entries :) Mom has been using her facebook page to blog all my exciting milestones, but this site is much better for her to look back in 16 yrs when I'm graduating High School omg, insert tears here, lol

So let's see, what have I been up to...

After our trip in March '09 (the last post) we continued bouncing around the country until our last long business trip in January. We're now settled down in a beautiful home in Marlboro, NY. Mom is still very busy recording and teaching voice-overs, but all from the comfort of her studio now! We miss parts of the "traveling life", of course, but not living out of a suitcase, is a very nice thing :)

Since my last post I am now speaking in 2-3 word sentences! Not all words can be understood by anyone other than Mom & Dad, but it's b/c I really want us to have our own special language ;) I've been making tremendous progress since December - I went from only a couple words to being able to say (and sign) tons of words. They've actually lost track of how many words I can say now. Mom & Dad are sooo happy. I also sing all the time now too - the alphabet, rain rain go away, ba ba blacksheep, wheels on the bus, you name it! I used to love to just listen but now I'm Mr. Chatty, they tell me it's a good thing.

Mom weaned me at 2 yrs 4 months... she was very happy that she could nurse me for that long, but it was time that I became a big boy! Don't get me wrong, I fought her on that one lol but eventually I just laughed and said "baby" in reference to nursing.

I've started speech therapy through EI, which will be happening once a week. I've only had 1 session so far but the therapist seems really nice - she has a high voice and is small framed, reminds me of Jen Jen, so I think we'll get along well! M&D thinks that now that the services have begun I'll really excel in language. I did rank well above average on my cognitive scores though ;) so I guess it's a trade off lol I also attend a "Parent/Toddler" class on Monday mornings to interact with other kids (and for M&D to meet other parents) and I have swimming classes on Saturday! Unfortunately the pool is sooo cold that M&D are worried it's actually turning me OFF swimming, which is something I really love.

We just got back from a week long business trip to Buffalo and then up to Vermont. We'll be returning to Vermont again soon I'm sure but that will be our last time to Buffalo, for business anyway! I had a great time in the indoor pool in Buffalo and a WONDERFUL time with Ben on his boat in Vermont. It was my first time on a boat and I LOVED it. I can't wait to go back again soon!!

Well, that's basically the update for now. Mommy promises to write in here much more often. Here are a few recent pictures, everyone says they can't believe how big I'm getting! I'll be 2 1/2 next month, wow! How quickly time goes by! Stay tuned for new Tyler stories...




No comments: