Thursday, June 10, 2010

Potty Trained!

So my parents cannot believe it, I'm a big boy now! :) The weekend of May 22nd, Mom & Dad did nothing but potty train me! The first day, I won't lie, there were a bunch of accidents, running to the potty every 5 minutes (literally) but we took the tips from our family & friends and put potties in every room & didn't use pull ups, we went straight to big boy underwear! The next day - ZERO ACCIDENTS! Throughout the next week they wouldn't let me leave the house, I just hung out in my underwear and played with my toys... I had an occasional accident or two, but by the end of the week I was trained. Mommy knew I was all set when she came down from her studio to see me standing there in my underwear on backwards lol I was SO proud that I was able to do it all by myself :) I'm still wearing big boy diapers for sleeping just in case but most days I wake up dry!

So it's been 2.5 weeks in underwear now and I decided yesterday (on my own) to start peeing standing up!!! Dad seemed pretty shocked when I came out of the bathroom to tell him I peed and when he came in to congratulate me he noticed I kinda missed the potty, whoops! Hey, ya gotta learn somehow ;) unfortunately the toddler urinals (yup they make them) are on back order, everywhere! Apparently it's prime potty training time!

I've been making friends with our neighbors - but I'm surrounded by girls... Dad keeps telling me someday I'll appreciate it lol We haven't met everyone in our neighborhood yet, so I'm hoping there's a little boy who loves to play cars out there somewhere!

My speech therapy is going really well - my pathologist is SO impressed. She said I've made tremendous progress in the past 6 weeks. Tons of new words & I'm doing really well with 2-3 word combinations... I just love when she comes over to play :)

So here are some recent pictures from the past month, hope everyone's having a wonderful start to their summer!









No comments: